The pretty ponytail is one iconic hairstyle that has been around for ages. It is also a very common hairstyle which you see everywhere; worn by little girls, teenagers, professional women, housewives as well as grandmas, proof that a pretty ponytail is a great hairstyle for women of all ages and position in life. Summer is also the best season for pretty ponytails. It allows women to look from very casual to uber elegant, depending on how it’s styled, and yet look cool and collected.
A pretty ponytail is also the best solution for a bad-hair day or for those days when washing your hair is next to impossible because of time constraint. This however, does not preclude a pretty ponytail from being a super elegant updo for special evening affairs such as a red carpet affairs, as proven by many celebrity style icons such as Jennifer Aniston, Lauren Conrad, Jennifer Connelly, Kate Beckinsale, Christinna Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Reese Witherspoon and many more. If you want to look super cool and fabulous this summer, here’s a hair tutorial: the pretty ponytail as your guide for this classic yet trendy hairstyle.
What you will need:
• Two (2) clear elastics or rubber bands
• Several bobby pins
• Comb and paddle brush
What you should do:
• Remove any hair tangles by brushing the hair all the way back with a paddle brush leaving no part on the hair
• Using a comb, gather your hair at the back with your head tipped back slightly. Leaning or tipping back will prevent bumps and part lines. Gathered hair should be at the level of the eyes.
• Secure the gathered hair with the two clear rubber bands, wrapping it tightly around the gathered hair in at least three loops to prevent it from sagging and from looking sloppy
• Take a small section from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic
• Mist the finished style lightly with hairspray